IBAT StudentsStudents, if you wish to submit an application including your resume, then please login with your student number and portal password on the left. Employers, if you wish to wish to place a job or intership on the Job Portal then please use the "Employee Login" link above.
Go back to the Job List
Network EngineerPosted by: Jack Fisher - Host Ireland
Posted date: 13-Jan-2020
Location: Trinity Street, Dublin 2
Host Ireland Business Broadband provides enterprise connectivity solutions to companies nationwide, including HubSpot, Google and Amazon. Low latency, high speed, industry leading pricing, exceptional turnaround times and outstanding level of service are the company’s cornerstone values. Host Ireland Business Broadband is currently servicing businesses nationwide and is the preferred wholesale partner for several international telecommunications companies.
The Role ( Network Engineer )
The successful candidate will be dedicated to network engineering tasks, primarily troubleshooting client-side issues and monitoring the network, supporting the Noc team by provisioning connections and building/configuring radio/network equipment prior to deployment. The Network Engineer will be responsible for the following.
• Troubleshooting client-side issues and monitoring the network.
• Providing support as part of the wider team.
• Provisioning Installs.
• Sharing networking tasks with Noc Team.
• Building and configuring radio/network equipment.
• Trouble shooting Juniper devices.
• Scheduling Maintenance and Installs.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the support processes.
• Special projects related to Noc Support and Network Engineering
• Ongoing self-development.
• Proficiency in some or all of the above, with the ability to learn new skills fast.
• The ability to multitask and work on several complex projects at any given time.
• Personable and friendly with a desire to help both customers and team members.
• As a considerable portion of this role is customer facing, fluent English is essential.
• Ability to work within a dynamic team while working on your own projects too.
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to work with arguably the best network operations team in UK/Ire.
• Follow an amazing career path, with extensive on-the-job training.
• Host Ireland will assist with relevant courses, so you can take your engineering knowledge to the next level.
• A centrally located office surrounded by the best establishments the city has to offer.
The current team at Host Ireland are young, dynamic and enthusiastic. The city centre location ensures that the team
can combine fast paced career development as well as easy access to local amenities. Host Ireland management ensure that candidates have every opportunity to develop their career and encourage training and further education where relevant. It is a fun, but fast paced work environment where every team member has a strong input into the development of the business.