IBAT StudentsStudents, if you wish to submit an application including your resume, then please login with your student number and portal password on the left. Employers, if you wish to wish to place a job or intership on the Job Portal then please use the "Employee Login" link above.
Go back to the Job List
Sales & Digital Marketing InternPosted by: Rosie King
Posted date: 03-Jan-2018
Location: Dublin 2
Background to thePost
This isaUniversitypostwhichprovides administrativeandmanagerial support Sport Service Manager and Business Development Manager. Thisrole will complementthe existingmanagement,administrativestructuresandprocessesofTrinity Sport andstronglylinktotheStrategyforSportand TrinityCollege Dublin Strategic Plan.
Trinity Sports is responsiblefordevelopmentofsportattheUniversity throughtheprovisionoftopclasssportfacilities,supportservicesandprogrammesthat encourageactiveparticipationinsport andrecreationbystudents,staff,graduates and Universitycommunities. Trinity Sport receives a proportion of fundingfromtheUniversityandthemajoritythroughincomegeneratingactivities andthe studentsports charge.
Thesales and digital marketing intern rolewill assist in sales of membership, programmes and hire function within Trinity Sport.The aim of the role is to help increase sales, create brand awareness by assisting with promotions, advertising and creating digital content.Income generation and cost effectiveness is an important aspect of the role.
The role offers anopportunityto work inateaminteractingwithstudents,staff,graduatesandUniversitycommunitiesacross the rangeofservices.Itwill involvecloseliaisonwiththeCommunications Manager, Graphic designer, sports clubs officers, Trinity Sport team (DUCAC and theDepartment of Sport andRecreation).
To assist in the administration, marketing, of the day-to-day sales & marketing of Trinity Sport, with a particular focus on income generation in the areas including Sports Centre membership and programming. The aim of the role is to help increase sales, create brand awareness by assisting with promotions, advertising and creating digital content.
· Identify areas for growth and opportunity within the main three categories of membership (College Staff, Alumni & Public)
· Target specific groups such as local companies to market and plan/execute campaigns to build relations which will generate revenue
· Develop, execute and measure social media and digital sales campaigns to result in membership lead generation
· Responsible for membership telephone marketing, customer satisfaction etc.
· Assist with converting membership enquiries to sales
· Identify initiatives to influence member retention in a positive way
· Develop communications structures with existing members
· Administration of memberships via third party database
· Develop online presence and web traffic
· Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers with social media
· Identify, create, write, prepare and post relevant and interesting content in multiple channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
· Ensuring web content is refreshed and updated regularly
· Plan and initiate social media campaigns
· Measuring success of marketing campaign
· Review and progress developing membership promotional material
· Benchmarking and researching other sports facilities
· Assist in delivering and creating marketing content
· Report weekly on social media activities
·A thirdlevel qualification or appropriate, experienceis essential or working towards a Degree
Knowledge& Experience(Essential / Desirable)
·Minimumofoneyears’experience in sales/marketing role is essential
·A knowledge in digital marketing and social media is essential
·Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
·Knowledge of LinkedIn, Google Plus and YouTube.
·Exemplary customer care standards is essential
·Knowledge/Experience of sales and digital marketing is essential
· Experience of social media management
· Experience in content creation using programs such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Snappa, Canva etc. desirable.
· Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)is desirable
· An interest in sport, health and fitness and an awareness of current issues and trends in the sports & leisure industry would be desirable
· Experienceofworking within the fitness industry is desirable
·Exemplarycustomer care standards
·Excellent reporting skills, organised and capable of meeting deadlines
·Flexibilityandwillingness towork outsidenormal working hours
·As the role requires a good deal of collaboration and independent work, the person should have a self-starting work ethic
· The ability to work as part of a busy team or independently is essential
·The ability to interact affectively with a variety of stakeholders and to foster good working relationships, and being recognized as someone who is helpful to others.
·Strong business acumen
Inorder toassist theselectionprocess,candidatesshouldsubmit aCurriculumVitaeanda
Cover Letter (1xA4page) to rosie.kingtcd.iethataddresses thefollowingpoints.
1. Candidatesmusthaveatleast1year ofexperienceinaSales and Marketing role.Applicantsshouldclearlyaddress thisexperienceandhowthey obtainedtheirknowledgeintheirapplication.
2. Illustrate,throughpastexample,theirabilitytowork ontheirowninitiativeand how toresolve problems.
- 3 month internship with opportunity to extend on review meeting
- Free use of the Sports Centre facilities (during own leisure time).
Trinity Sport: http://www.tcd.ie/Sport/