IBAT StudentsStudents, if you wish to submit an application including your resume, then please login with your student number and portal password on the left. Employers, if you wish to wish to place a job or intership on the Job Portal then please use the "Employee Login" link above.
Go back to the Job List
Investment Administration AssistantPosted by: Appian Asset Management
Posted date: 04-Sep-2017
Location: Dublin 2
Appian is a leading Irish based and owned asset manager, managing a range of funds which invest globally, to grow and protect our clients’ assets while generating sustainable income. Established in 2003, we have grown consistently and currently have over €800m. in assets under responsibility.
We are active managers and all investment activity is carried out in house. Risk management and downside protection is a corner stone of our investment approach. We invest for both retail and institutional investors, delivering and compounding solid returns with low volatility. In addition to managing pooled funds we also manage a range of segregated mandates. Our clients include pension funds, endowments, charities, corporates, and individual investors.
Job: Investment Administration Assistant
This Investment Administration Job offers a unique opportunity to join a leading Irish Asset Management Company.
The Investment Administration Assistant - will work within the Operations Team, ensuring all administration tasks are handled according to procedures and adhering to strict deadlines.
Client Funds and Operations:
· Completing reconciliations of current accounts on a daily basis
· Creating instructions to match trades as they are conducted by the investment team
· Monitoring corporate actions relating to stocks held within the funds
· Liaising with the custodian to ensure cash movements and security instructions happen smoothly and are correctly accounted for.
· Updating and monitoring excel spreadsheets detailing the funds on an ongoing basis
· Drafting and checking valuations of client accounts when requested by CRM team
· Compiling valuations for segregated clients on a quarterly basis
· Completing monthly reconciliations of stocks held by segregated clients
· Updating Appian’s website and presentation information on a monthly basis
· Business Graduate with some relevant office Internship/Placement experience
· Candidates must be comfortable and like working with numbers
· A proven team player with excellent communication skills.
· Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to multitask and prioritise.
· Basic understanding of Asset Management
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong IT Skills: Excel, Word and other
· Completely literate in English language
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send an up to-date CV, and a covering letter (explaining why we should call you for an interview) to James Fitzsimons HR Manager Appian Asset Management. Email: james.fitzsimonsappianasset.ie