IBAT StudentsStudents, if you wish to submit an application including your resume, then please login with your student number and portal password on the left. Employers, if you wish to wish to place a job or intership on the Job Portal then please use the "Employee Login" link above.
Go back to the Job List
Event Manager - Annual Squash Link Fundraising CyclePosted by: Irish Squash & Education Association
Posted date: 24-May-2017
Event Manager required for a Dublin-based non-profit cause
With Squash as the catalyst, Squash Link, flagship programme of the Irish Squash & Education Association (ISEA), aims to support significant achievements in the lives of local school students through academic enrichment, health and lifestyle commitments, social and emotional responsibility, character development, life-long learning and leadership.
For the last 2 years, Squash Link has organised an annual fundraising cycle event around World Squash Day (October 2017). Participants cycledall over Dublin visiting up to 20 facilities. Each club opened their doors on the day to welcome newcomers to the sport and trial the game. Cyclists sought sponsoership for their efforts, inlcuding collections along the way to support Squash Link.
We want 2017 to be our most successful event yet and therefore require the support of an Event Manager. Since Squash Link's first influx of participants on 2nd November 2015, we have made great strides. ISEA is on the map but we would not be up and running without the generosity and support of those who have donated to our cause and/or volunteered. Donations of ideas, money, resources and time, are our lifeline.
This is a voluntary role but it promises to be highly rewarding for the right candidate. Squash Link is inspired by a belief in 'significant learning through significant relationships'. Our motto is 'Enrichment. Education. Empowerment'. For further information please visit www.squashlink.org. Details of last year's event can be found in the News & Social Media section.
Please contact Michelle Whelan, an ISEA Board Advisor, if you have any questions or would like to submit an application. Email: michelle_whelanwgcomms.com.
Event Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Planning the October event from start to finish
- Target appropriate communities of supporters to sign up and fundraise
- Engaging, recruiting and coordinating with participating squash clubs
- Preparing all collateral & materials required to engage people to take part and fundraise
- Socialise and drive PR around the event
- Preparing budgets and ensuring adherence
- Coordinate all operations
- Recruit and supervise all volunteers
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Work with ISEA board members / advisors
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports
- Proven experience as an event manager / coordinator
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organisational skills
- An interest in cycling and / or squash
July to October. World Squash Day takes place in October.
For further information on our youth enrichment movement as well as details of last year’s event (News & Media pages) please visit www.squashlink.org.
Application process: cover letter and CV.